Still need help with grab problems

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Feb 6 11:00:01 EST 2003

Graham,

Dragging things across movies (whether stopped or not) requires a bunch of
redrawing; it might be better if the alwaysBuffer property of the movie were
set tot true; the other thing to consider is whether you need a movie at all
if it's stopped... by that, I mean perhaps you could have a static graphic
of the "stopped state" that was displayed most of the time with the player
object hidden (its visible set to false), and then when it came time to show
the movie, you literally "showed the movie" (i.e. set its visible to true)
and played it.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com