unicode in beta

mark mitchell cowhead at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 11:15:00 EST 2003

Tuviah wrote:

> Try
>
> set the unicodetext of fld 2 to the unicodetext of fld 1

Hey, that works, congratulations!  Now everything looks like it is
working pretty well, provided you start with 2 'fresh' unicode font
fields.  I was opening up old stacks that already had non-unicode
Japanese written in the fields, and these do not work so well under the
new engine.  It may end up being a lot of work to use old stacks
containing Japanese, since it looks like we've got to recode the scrips
as well, but I haven't really played with them much yet.  I also
discovered that this works:

put the unicodeText of character 7 to 8 of field 1 into character 7 to 8
of field 2

but not ".....into the unicode text of character 7 to 8 of field 1" or
variations thereof.

Any other nifty lines we should be aware of?

Also, if if you accidently type Japanese in the messagebox (as everyone
does) you can't just delete and retype the english.  Will switching the
message box to a unicode font fix this?

mm