Storing images

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Feb 4 08:07:01 EST 2003

Isn't there another issue regarding where images are stored? My
knowledge  here is admittedly weak but I have had problems in the
past in referencing images stored on disk. To find the image a path,
either  absolute of relative (relative to the current default folder)
needs to be given. If, in distributing  the application, the user
should move the stack without bringing the images along there will be
problems.

I would much prefer to reference the file than import it as a control
for the many good reasons mentioned by others on this thread: The
ease of displaying multiple sizes in multiple locations, reduction of
file size, and, if only for religious reasons (religion defined
broadly), it is cleaner and cleanliness is next to you know Who. So
if there is a clean way to reference the file while avoiding the
problem of broken links when stacks become separated from images, I
would *greatly* appreciate an education in this matter.

Jim