Unsharp Mask Filter on images?

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Feb 3 23:32:01 EST 2003

I know I'm probably crazy to expect Rev do just do absolutely anything
we want..

But, has anyone attempted creating filters for images using the
imageData... is it even possible? Only on .png files with alpha
channels?

In particular I would love to be able to run an unsharp mask pass over
digital images that are down sized for web deployment -- amount 62,
radius 1 pixel, threshold zero

Presently we do this in Adobe's Image Ready and it really makes a very
big difference in the quality of a picture going up for on screen
viewing.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery