Storing images

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Feb 3 13:04:00 EST 2003

>Jim Hurley wrote:
>I think I recall a tip on this list some time ago on reducing file size.
>
>I have an image which is used on more than one card. Rather than
>import the image as a control to each card separately, is there a
>single place within the stack from which it might be called as
>reference to each card?  I hope to avoid the complication that comes
>from calling the image as a reference from a separate file stored on
>disk.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim
>
>--__--__--
>Malte Brill wrote:
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>you can import the image once, then create a button on each card as a
>placeholder for that image and set the buttons icon property to the ID of
>the image you have imported.
>Or you can create a group containing your image and set it´s
>backgroundBehavior to true.
>
>Hope that helps,
>
>Malte

Thanks Malte.

It all comes back to me now. That is exactly what I wanted. But, as
they say, I  have a follow up question.

I would like to use your button suggestion. (Not having a really good
grasp of backgrounds, I worry about groups with background behavior
attaching themselves to the  next card. My apologies for not closely
following the recent background thread. I am a selective learner.)

I will lock the size and position of the image on the first card and,
on the second card, define a button with  the image as the icon. That
works just  fine. I find I am free to move the button/icon anywhere
on the second card but not change the size. Is it possible in an
openCard script to alter the size of the icon previously defined on
the first card, or am I locked into the size determined by the image
on the  first card? Am I make myself clear?

Jim