Distribution builder alters stack window size?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 11:27:00 EST 2003

Folks

I'm making my first tentative steps towards building cross-platform
apps (distributions). I am developing on a Mac (MacOS 9.2.2) and I've
been careful to allow space at the top of each stack for the Windows
menus, which I can show or hide using the appropriate button on the
Properties Palette while doing development. When I build a
Distribution for MacOSX and/or Windows, the stacks which have menus
are cut off at the bottom by something like 24 pixels, and when I
reopen the app in the development environment, these stacks are still
cut off and have to be restored by hand. Stacks without menus, such
as splash screens seem unaffected

I've read as much as there is (not much, IMO) about the Distribution
Builder, but I can't see what I've done wrong. Any help would be
appreciated.

BTW I should also say that while the whole app works fine in the
development environment, parts of it are extremely slow on a (fairly
slow) PC, and totally glue-like using Virtual PC on my Mac. I think
these parts involve some specific types of looping within the app,
but I'm not sure what approach to take to find out where the problem
lies.

TIA

Graham