Import MIDI file as movie

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Mon Feb 3 07:52:01 EST 2003

Mr. UDI wrote:
"...
So I tried this:
   answer file "Choose MIDI file"
   if ( it is empty ) then exit mouseUp
   import videoClip from file it
OK, It was surely imported. MIDI data is in stack file.
   play vc 1
Oh, this fails sometimes..."

I'm surprised this ever works at all; I get a short high-pitched squeal
(why ANY sound?) if I attempt to import a MIDI file as an audioClip,
and a field full of characters if I import a MIDI file as a videoClip.

Perhaps Kevin or Scott can enlighten me as to RR/MC's ability (?) to
import MIDI files and play them outside of the Quicktime player object;
  I didn't know this was possible at all.  If so, what kind of
underlying mechanism does this use....or is Quicktime invoked "behind
the scenes" anyway?

-Kurt