Import MIDI file as movie

UDI eudio at chabashira.co.jp
Mon Feb 3 00:11:00 EST 2003

Mr.Kurt Kaufman wrote 03.2.2 08:26 PM:
>But UDI, you are the one who wrote the stack "makeSMF"; surely you know
>all of this, so I may be misunderstanding you?

Yes, I written 'makeSMF'. I know about QuickTime & MIDI.

But now,
I want to IMPORT some midi files in stack -as VideoClip objects-.

For example, I may use it as BGM or effect sounds in a picture book.

Generaly, let data files attach to the application.
But it is an ideal that make as a single application file.

So I tried this:
  answer file "Choose MIDI file"
  if ( it is empty ) then exit mouseUp
  import videoClip from file it
OK, It was surely imported. MIDI data is in stack file.
  play vc 1
Oh, this fails sometimes...

-----

I know other solutions to make an application of a single file.
I can put midi data into custom property.
Then export it in a file when stack running, and play it.
This method is the best?

UDI
eudio at chabashira.co.jp
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/UDI/