Cut,Copy,Paste menus

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Feb 2 02:45:16 EST 2003

At 11:43 PM -0800 1/31/03, Ron wrote:
>Where should scripts that control the enabling/disabling of menuitems be
>placed? Obviously, the menu's mousedown message is not the place because it
>is not activated until I click in the menubar.

Actually, the best place is a mouseDown handler in the script of the menu
bar group.

Why in the mouseDown handler? Because mouseDown is sent before the menu is
displayed, so it's the best place to put menu changes that need to be done
"just in time".

Why in the group? Because on Mac OS and OS X systems, the menu doesn't get
a mouseDown message, but the group does.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/