Cut,Copy,Paste menus

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Sat Feb 1 02:47:01 EST 2003

Okay, a little progress. Instead of trying to fix my broken stack, I tried
to break the simple stack using scripts from the broken one. It looks like
I'm sending menumessages to a disabled menu and it doesn't respond (duh). So
my question should be:

Where should scripts that control the enabling/disabling of menuitems be
placed? Obviously, the menu's mousedown message is not the place because it
is not activated until I click in the menubar.

All I'm trying to do is provide standard text editor behavior to the stack.
Things including but not exclusively:

cursor in a fld - enable past
selectedtext - enable cut,copy

Thanks