Creating windowShapes in Rev (was Transparency confusion)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Dec 29 17:54:25 EST 2003

On Monday, December 29, 2003, at 02:51 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

>> My guess is to get the imageData and then create a maskData based on
>> that and set the maskData.
>>
>> Alternately, you can get the alphaData and make the maskData based on
>> that.  For all I know you can set the maskData to the alphaData and do
>> it on one statement, but I haven't looked at that.
> -----------
> Hmmm. Anyone else looked at this? I'm not very familiar with the
> process.
>
> Is there something in the tutorials...maybe (I'm not sure what to look
> for)?

I started to create a stack to examine this, but ran into something
interesting.

The image I created works like it is.  On the last card, I made an
image the size of the card.  I then painted a rounded rectangle on that
and filled it.

I went back to my first card and clicked on a button to set the
windowShape.  It worked right off.  The transparent portion of the
image was already in the required 1-bit mask format.

I tried the eraser and that even works.

(I now need to paint all transparent parts white and see if I can get
an image transform to work.)

Maybe this is all that is needed for images created only from
Revolution without any alpha fiddling.

Dar Scott