Excel

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 17:30:08 EST 2003

--- Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Is there any way to get Rev *on a Mac* to open an MS
> Excel document, created
> in Windows, and extract data?
>
> We live in hope...
>
> TIA,
> Ken N.

Hi Ken,

As the MS Excel file format is proprietary, I'd try
launching the file with your MacOS Excel app, and then
extract the data using AppleScripts -- Excel 5 used to
be applescriptabe, so I'm hoping Excel v.X still is.
If you don't have Excel on your Mac, you'll have to
find a place with the file format, or disect the
source code of OpenOffice to find outhow they read
Excel files into their spreadsheet app.

Hope this helped a little,

Jan Schenkel.

=====