[ANN] Window External

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 29 14:48:42 EST 2003

On 12/29/03 11:21 AM, "Trevor DeVore" <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> I have posted another external which is free for anyone to use and
> abuse.  The external is available for Mac OS X and Windows though I
> believe the transparency stuff only works on Windows 2000 >.  There are
> 3 functions so far -
>
> SetWindowAlpha - Set the opacity of a stack window
> GetWindowAlpha - Get the current opacity of a stack window
> SetWindowTransparentColor (Windows only) - Set a transparent color for
> a stack window.  For example, you could make all white portions of a
> stack transparent.
>
> The external is available at my website:
> <http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/>

Trevor:

Thanks very much for making this available.  Nice stuff.

Just tested on OSX 10.2.8 (under Rev and MetaCard).  Both seem to work fine.

Any possibility of adding alpha mask support for the window, based on a
grayscale bitmap image?  This would be something of a holy grail for us UI
folks: translucent windows with antialiased edges...

Nice work; thanks again.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director