Where Can I Find Details On PlugIns?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Dec 29 09:29:17 EST 2003

Thanks for your detailed answer, Richard.  I'm saving it for future reference.

Two issues:

>It's a nice extra to use the stack's title for display in a Plugins menu,

On my installation, it is the plugIn stack's NAME, not its title,
that is displayed in the PlugIns menuitem.

>  > I also note that if Rev is closed and I start it by double-clicking
>>  on a stack in my development folder that also exists in the Rev
>>  PlugIn folder, revPreferences is opened instead of my stack.  Is this
>>  normal?
>
>The engine's default behavior (and therefore your standalone's) is to open
>any stacks double-clicked to launch it.

This has nothing to do with a standalone.  If I have a single copy of
my plugIn stack residing in my working folder, the Rev Dev
environment starts up & opens my plugIn stack when I double-click on
it.  If I have a second copy of my plugIn stack in the Revolutioon
Plugins folder, the Rev Dev environment starts up & opens
revPreferenes instead of my plugIn stack when I double-click on the
copy of my plugin stack in my working folder.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company