Transparency confusion

Ops ops at myesa.com
Sat Dec 27 18:59:36 EST 2003

I would like to banner some text across the bottom of a windows desktop.  I
have created a stack that is the length of the screen, and on the very
bottom.  I can certainly get text to scroll across that wide stack, but what
I would like to do is have the background of whatever the is behind the
stack to "show through" so that all that can be seen is the actual scrolling
text NOT on top of a black or white rectangle (the stack)....I'm wanting to
*just* see the text, and whatever that stack is on top of (like a normal
windows desktop) I would like to "show through".....is this possible??
THANKS!