GET Request from Revolution Fails

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 00:55:28 EST 2003

--- Sannyasin Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
> OK more info on this one:
>
> We suspect it is because Revolution is not able to
> accept an https
> URL... it return "Invalid URL"  a search on the
> lists doesn't turn up
> much....
>
> Hope there is a work around and we are missing
> something simple...
>
> ## where we are trying to get the returned web page
> from verisign
>
> put URL
> "https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm?
> [snip]

It's in the keyword 'https' -- libURL doesn't support
secure http yet, as that requires SSL.

> We could use the onboard "curl" shell command but
> the credit card info
> is going to end up in the server logs... not ideal.
>
> Thanks!

Not necessarily ; while I was in college I spent time
with some 'creative minds' who had come up with the
following trick to erase their steps on the Solaris
server : make the shell history file for the user
read-only for the owner with 'chmid 111' ; this
effectively prevents the shell from writing to its
history file.

Hope this helped a bit,

Jan Schenkel.

=====