Startup procedures -- was Splash snafu

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Dec 24 23:47:50 EST 2003

> If the app encounters a memory problem and the stack quits at
> startup, and hasn't shown itself due to (the last line of)
> the preopenStack handler, how will they see the dialog to
> know there is a problem?

I think it is because it is in a "preOpenStack" handler, which is
supposed to be executed just before the stack is displayed. If there's a
memory problem, it will bail out of the preOpenStack handler and the
stack will become visible as if it had encountered an "exit
preOpenStack". If it manages to get all the way to the end of the
preOpeNStack handler, it hits the "hide this stack" line and the
mainstack is never seen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Richard...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software