Cascading menu

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Dec 24 13:09:39 EST 2003

John,

I think you may not be using the cascading menu button properly. It
sounds like you're attempting to use it like an option menu or pulldown
menu button, by just placing it on the card and hoping it will work.
Cascade menu buttons are intended to be placed in stacks that are
dropped down from a button as a "stack menu". If you aren't familiar
with what this is, think of it this way... an option/pulldown/popup menu
displays the contents of the button in the menu it displays. Stack menus
are a way to pop up a stack *as if it was a menu*; allowing you to
provide custom menus (like a color picker, tool palette, etc.). If you
place a cascading menu button in a stack that will be popped up as a
menu, it works properly (i.e. what you select triggers the menupick
message).

If you look in the Transcript Dictionary under "cascade", you'll see
what I mean...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com