Shrinking an image to a button icon

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Dec 23 20:27:22 EST 2003

On 12/23/03 6:16 PM, Jim Carwardine wrote:

> Thanks, again, Jacque.  One more niggling little thing I can't figure out...
> When I shut down Rev and reopen it, the button icon I created reverts back
> to it's original size, but cropped to the size of the button.  I'm sure it's
> because I'm storing the reference to the original pict, but what do I store
> to indicate the new size?

An image will revert to its natural size whenever the card is next
opened, unless the image is locked in place. Set the image's
lockLocation property to true and save the stack. You only have to do
this once during development. Images with their lockLoc set to true can
still be sized via script but do not automatically resize on opencard,
and can't be resized with the mouse.

Use the property inspector (under the Size and Position tab) to set
this. If you don't have transcript terminology turned on, the checkbox
is called "lock size and position".

The button icon is always the same size as the original image, so when
the original reverts, the icon on the button does too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com