Splash snafu

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Dec 23 04:36:35 EST 2003

Howdy,

I open a mainstack splash which does some visual antics (wiil eventually
setup everything), sends itself to an offscreen location, then opens the GUI
project substack.

If I don't open the substack (comment out the last line), it works fine, but
if I open the substack, I get an error:

 "         executing at 1:23:41 AM
Type    Chunk: can't find background
Object    OutlookInn_Splash
Line    get the loc of group id 1006
Hint    stack "/Macintosh HD/Desktop
Folder/RevStacks_Mine/OutlookInn_Splash.rev"

...which refers to 3rd line of the *mainstack* openStack handler. The script
has already executed and is done.

Why is opening the substack trying to rerun the script of the mainstack?

The substack has no scripts.

Here's the script:

on openStack
  get the screenrect
  set the loc of this stack to ((item 3 of it)/2,(item 4 of it)/2)
  get the loc of group id 1006
  subtract 2 from item 2 of it
  wait 5
    set the loc of group id 1006 to it
  repeat 3
    add 4 to item 2 of it
    wait 5
    set the loc of group id 1006 to it
    subtract 4 from item 2 of it
    wait 5
    set the loc of group id 1006 to it
  end repeat
  add 2 to item 2 of it
  wait 5
  set the loc of group id 1006 to it
  wait 3 seconds
  lock screen
  hide group id 1006
  unlock screen with visual effect dissolve
  lock screen
  hide fld 1
  unlock screen with visual effect dissolve
  set the loc of this stack to "-1000,-1000"
  set the visible of group id 1006 to true
  set the visible of fld 1 to true
  wait 5
  --open stack "OutlookInn_Top" --Here's the problem
end openStack

TIA,
Ken N.