Scrolling thumbnail gallery

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Dec 22 21:00:45 EST 2003

Hello frank,

> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 21:28:35 +0000
> From: Frank Leahy <frank at backtalk.com>
> Subject: Scrolling thumbnail gallery

> Unfortunately
> the drop event doesn't get triggered in the group script when the drop
> happens in the space between two images, only when you drop on a group
> image.
------------
I've never seen anything do that before so I'm interested how this would
work. There must be some location between images that can accept a drop or
else there is no place for it to go. IOW, you need a place to drop and the
"nothing" between images already existing isn't a legitimate "place".

The only way to do it AFACS is to create a pseudo-area between the images,
perhaps in a min(max) function of some kind, then when you drop something in
that 'area', it creates a legitimate image space, drops the image, and
rearranges everything else in a swoop.

I can't wait to see others ideas about this. I'm creating a system for
landscaping maintainace at a resort here in the San Juans. I want to
coordinate scrolling ground area photos with an aerial map overlay. They
should automatically index each other, i.e., clicking on a map area brings
up a set of vertical scrolling ground area photos related to that area, then
have a "Go" button that takes the user to all the maintainace data about
each sub-area. It might be cool to edit those with a D&D utility.

Ken N.