Shrinking an image to a button icon

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Dec 21 21:52:54 EST 2003

On 12/21/03 7:49 PM, Jim Carwardine wrote:

> Does anyone have scripting to take an image selected by the user, shrink it
> to a thumbnail and place it as an icon on a button?  When the button is
> clicked, I¹d like to show the picture snapshot size... Jim

In the script of the display button:

on mouseUp
   answer file "Choose image:"
   if it = "" then exit mouseup
   put it into theImgPath
   put 75 into theTargetSize -- adjust size here
   create image
   hide last img -- you may want to change this
   set the filename of last img to theImgPath
   put theTargetSize/the formattedwidth of last img into theRatio
   set the width of last img to theTargetSize
   set the height of last img to \
       round(the formattedheight of last img * theRatio)
   set the icon of me to the short id of last img -- or set a different btn
   choose browse tool
end mouseUp

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com