Graphics Problem RunRev and Terminal Server (Newbie)

Rob Brookbanks rob_brookbanks at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 05:56:46 EST 2003

I have an app that runs fine on PC and MAC, but we are porting it to run on Microsoft Terminal Server.

The problem is thus:

We display images on a welcome screen and they get corrupted (Like when you set your display resolution wrong)

We preview an image that we wish to upload and the display of that image is corrupt, although the uploaded file is fine.

If we set the terminal server session down to 256 colour, the image displays correctly, although with the obvious display limitations. Mostly its black and white, so this isn't too important. When we upload the image however, it is totally black.

When we set the terminal server to 16 or 24 bit colour we get the display corruption. I queried the display properties through a stack, and it reports PseudoColor.

In Terminal Server the image actually displays just fine through IE or Windows picture and fax viewer.

As I see it, I have two options, call an external viewer with window sizes pre-set etc, or find a way to tell my app what to do with 16 or 24 bit images when running in PseudoColor. I am stuck at this point due to my unfamiliarity with Runrev and Metacard.

Can anyone who is familiar with working with graphics in runrev/metacard help? I need to sort this, as the images are xrays, and they need to be pretty good quality for obvious reasons, no-one wants to miss a fracture!!

Sorry I can't be more specific, I am the Terminal server engineer, not a developer. Only had a morning to learn to write a simple debugger ;)