Shell or Launch or HELP!!!!

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Dec 20 23:59:00 EST 2003

> I am building an OSX and WIN standalone and need to include a button
> with a link that launches an .exe file on XP and 2000 BUT launches the
> same .exe in VirtualPC if present in OSX.

How about something simple, like:

  open process <pathToEXE> for neither

??

I generally use this approach whenever I just need to launch an app and
don't need to pass it any command-line parameters.

>  --get shell ("OPEN=ShellExe.exe ClickMe.bat") this was code I found
> in the AUTORUN.INF from the PC CD, also is ClickMe.bat and ShellExe.exe
> then there is the actual installers that I need which are - PCSB101.exe
> and PCPF109.exe

Well, the "OPEN=ShellExe.exe ClickMe.bat" part of the AUTORUN.INF is
intended on running the ShellExe.exe application with the parameter
"ClickMe.bat" whenever the CD is inserted and auto-run takes place. But it
the main intention is to launch installers in sequence from the insert of a
CD, there are other ways to do it.

What is your primary intent? To launch PCSB101.exe and PCPF109.exe? If so,
will you be launching them one at a time, conditionally based on some
criteria, or in a sequence?

If you can fill in some gaps, I'm sure we can help...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com