Setting IP-properties

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at sdq3.tricom.net
Sat Dec 13 05:51:15 EST 2003

>on Fri, 12 Dec 2003
>Dar Scott wrote in response to this question of Gunnar Wailler:
>
> > I want to create an application that can set the IP-adress, netmask
> > and default gateway of my own computer. Can this be done with
> > Revolution?
>
>I have not done this, but this looks like a useful capability, Gunnar.
>I would welcome (on this list or direct) hearing how this works out.
>
>[snip]
>
>So, I think the answer is yes.  Now, "how" is another question.
>
>(BTW, the IP address, netmask and default gateway are all TCP/IP
>properties of an adaptor and a computer might have more than one
>adaptor.)

This question is somehow related to security issues and a quick search
in google confirm this (search for "fake ip address").
The more common methods found in these web
pages requires the use of proxys to connect to the internet.

Runrev could use proxies to connect, but I never have worked before in this
area. We have knowledgeable experts in network computing in this list
so, insist in your question to call their attention.

I will start to manage the distribution of files in the network of the
computer lab,
so my questions on network issues will come to this list too.

al