Lazy man that I am

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Dec 19 14:34:47 EST 2003

On 12/19/03 11:13 AM, "Thomas J McGrath III" <3mcgrath at adelphia.net> wrote:

> I was wanting to use REV to download a web page and do some stuff to
> the source code before loading it in a window for the user to see. In
> effect changing the source code and then loading the new altered page
> in REV in a window.
>
> Has anyone had to do this? Any pointers before I drive myself crazy?

You won't be able to render a fully formatted HTML page natively in Rev
unless you use the embedded browser technology from altuit.com (Windows
only), but you can always write the new HTML to the drive and launch it in
the user's browser.  OTOH, source code is straightforward: just put the URL
into a field.  (In HTML modifying stacks I've built, I use two fields during
development simultaneously: one to hold the original source code and one to
display the modified source for comparison.)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design