Increasing indent factor in script windows

Mark Powell revolution at wordscapes.com
Thu Dec 18 23:55:17 EST 2003

Is there any way to increase the indent factor in script windows?  (i.e. instead of having the engine indent by two spaces per tier, have it indent by four, for example).  I would like to have a more pronounced nesting.

Alternately, I extract scripts for purposes of documentation and can write a handler to increase it.  But I am a bit stumped by the most basic thing.  How do I say in a script the equivalent of

"if line x of script has leading spaces then double the number of leading spaces"

without resorting to heavy handed repeat loops?

Appreciate your help.

Mark Powell