Apple script problems

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Dec 15 18:17:30 EST 2003

>------------------------
>
>Message: 9
>Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:59:14 -0600
>From: "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com>
>Subject: RE: Apple script problems
>To: "'How to use Revolution'" <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>>  I suspect that Run Rev would be able to do the processing faster than
>  > AppleScript. What do you think?
>
>I agree, especially with a large amount of data (repeat for each is
>blindingly fast).
>
>>  Of course the fastest things is probably the old fashioned way. Save
>>  the DB as a text file and import that into Run Rev. Trouble is, I
>>  also have to reverse the process when I'm finished with it in RR.
>
>Do you have to keep it in FM Pro? Any possiblity of porting it to
>Valentina or some other DB that can be read/written to directly by Rev?
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Ken,

Yes, I am bound to use  FMP. All the volunteers at the campaign
headquarters use FMP to do data entry and construct walking lists,
etc.

I am still surprised that AppleScript doesn't do the normal thing and
just return a comma/return (or tab/return) delimited text file
instead of the  curly brackets. Thank God there are not curly
brackets in the database.

Jim