Understanding Externals

David Egbert degbert at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 09:59:26 EST 2003

I'm trying to understand how externals function in a standalone app. on
MacOS X. If I use "set the externals" in the main stack, can the externals
be used with all the sub-stacks? Or if I associate the external to a
sub-stack, can it only be used on that stack? I couldn't find any
documentation about this. :-(

Also, is there documentation on placing the external inside a macOSX.app?  I
thought I could just set a variable that points to the /Contents/MacOS/
folder and use "set externals" to point to the bundle inside that folder.
Unfortunately it's not working for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

--