Closing a stack vs. setting visible to false

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Dec 12 18:56:23 EST 2003

I have a stack with some QuickTime players objects.  When closing and
reopening the stack the VRs in the players are reset to their default
view.  I can add code to reset this without too much trouble but I'm
wondering it is just easier to catch the closeStackRequest handler and
set the visible of the stack to false so the players aren't reloaded
the next time.  Is setting the visible to false pretty much the same as
having the stack closed but still in memory?  Are there any gotchas I
should be aware of?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore