clickText

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 10 12:26:19 EST 2003

Hello Revo User's

I have a glossary in my stack that has clickText as the find source. It
used to go from a found selection to another, finding each instance of
the word as the mouseup is clicked. All of a sudden it does not do it
anymore. Instead it only finds the first instance of the word and goes
no further BUT if I hold the control key on the mac it acts as
expected/ as it did before. This script is in the glossary field itself
so if you click a word in the field it is supposed to find other
instances of that word each time you click on that word even if you
click a different instance of that word. This was working and I loved
it but now it's broke and I want it back.....

The script is quite simple:

on mouseUP
   find the clickText in field "SearchField"
   put value(the foundLine) into field "Glos"
   --pass mouseUp
end mouseUP

I use a similar script in other text fields to look up words in this
glossary field and they work. But they are in a background grp and as
such need this script to do the lookup and come back to what card we
are on. HOWEVER when we are on the "14: Glossary..." card this script
finds each instance of the word click on from one to the next etc.
until done.:

on mouseUp
   lock screen
    put the number of this card into lmyCard
     find the clickText in field "SearchField" of card "14: Glossary..."
     if the result is "Not found"  -- not the text of me in field
"SearchField"
     then
       beep
     else
       put value(the foundLine) into field "Glos" -- Glos is a
background grp
     end if
     go card lmyCard
     unlock screen
end mouseUp

Any help from you guys is appreciated.
Tom

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102