File move app part 2

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Sun Dec 7 18:05:22 EST 2003

At 08:39 08/12/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>>I have created an app to move selective files based on their filetype and
>>(sometimes) included text.
>
>Hi Bob,
>The problem is that once you have done the first filter, none of the lines
>will contain any of the subsequent filter texts, so as you discovered, you
>end up with nothing.
>You are on the right track for a solution, but you don't need to create
>another global.
>Try replacing your three lines above with this:

I managed to figure out something
global gHierList,gClickList,gjpgList,gbioradList,ggifList
on mouseUp
   put empty into gHierList
   put empty into gClickList
   put empty into gjpgList
   put empty into gbioradList
   put empty into ggifList
   put empty into field 1
   answer folder "Pick a folder you want to walk:"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   set lockCursor to true
   set cursor to watch
   directoryWalk it
   if the hilite of button "JPEG" is true then put gHierList into gjpgList
   filter gjpgList with "*.jpg"
   sort gjpgList
   if the hilite of button "BIORAD" is true then put gHierList into gbioradList
   filter gbioradList with "*raw*.pic"
   sort gbioradList
   if the hilite of button "GIF" is true then put gHierList into ggifList
   filter ggifList with "*.gif"
   sort ggifList
   put ggifList & return & gjpgList & return & gbioradList into field 1
=====================
--However the line above sticks in  a return unless they are all ticked.

I'll have a  play with the code you wrote below.
=============================
   put number of lines of fld 1
   set lockCursor to false
end mouseUp

>put empty into newList
>put gHierList into tempList
>if the hilite of button "JPEG" then
>         filter tempList with "*.jpg"
>         put tempList & cr after newList
>end if
>put gHierList into tempList
>if the hilite of button "BIORAD" then
>         filter tempList with "*raw*.pic"
>         put tempList & cr after newList
>end if
>put gHierList into tempList
>if the hilite of button "GIF" then
>         filter tempList with "*.gif"
>         put tempList & cr after newList
>end if
>put newList into gHierList
>
>If you are ever worried about ending up with blank lines in your lists,
>here is a really neat command to delete all blank lines:
>         filter myList with "*?"
>I think it was Geoff Canyon who showed me that one and I find it
>invaluable :-)

Ahh that would answer my blank line problem. I was getting
blank
blank
something.jpg
etc

I've never programmed before (except non-code RAD's) but really getting
into the VERY easy, BUT very powerful revolution.

I love it.

Cheers
Bob