playing videos in succession

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Fri Dec 5 19:10:14 EST 2003

Jacqueline,
I'm amazed at how quickly an answer to my query is posted to this list.
Thank you.

"...You are off by 2 because setting the filename of a player also
sends a
'playstopped' message...."

THAT would explain why I kept seeing 2 playstopped messages when
tracking my script's execution with the Message Watcher.  I have to
admit it baffled me, but I should have looked for the reason. Had I
read the full definition of playStopped in the Transcript Dictionary, I
would have also seen the answer.

"...While the Rev IDE
receives the 'playStopped' message just fine, standalones built for OS X
do not...."

Hmmm...The stack seems to work _as a standalone_ on my (OS X 10.2.6)
system, using Rev. 2.03.  Both playstopped messages (intended and
unintended) seemed to be functioning as expected.  Or do I
misunderstand you?

Thanks again,
Kurt