Writing PDF files from RunRev

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Dec 3 11:07:42 EST 2003

On Dec 2, 2003, at 1:49 PM, tuviah snyder wrote:
> OSX has native support for PDF and can render or export to PDF with a
> few
> lines of code.

Lines of C code, that is.

> You can view PDFs in Windows as well using the acrobat COM component
> or the
> altuit web browser DLL.

Wait, are you suggesting that it's possible for someone to write a PDF
viewer that embeds an acrobat COM component into a Rev stack, much like
altbrowser.dll (that you co-wrote) embeds an IE control into Rev stack?

I know you are just trying to be helpful in making suggestions like
this, but remember we are really blindfolded out here when it comes to
writing externals with the undocumented SDK. I've often wondered how
you wrote altbrowser.dll and it's baffling considering the limited
examples in the Externals SDK. So it's just frustrating.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>