specialFolderPath - Where to store Preferences Crossplattform

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Tue Dec 2 09:21:39 EST 2003

Hi list,

I hope the Win/*nix users can help me...

I know this has been covered somewhere deep down in the archives, but I
cannot find it with both google and alexs search engine.

Has anyone written a handler to store preferences cross plattform?

I need a reliable path to a folder where I can write preferences to cross
plattform. On the mac specialFolderPath ("preferences") works fine for both,
9 and flavours of X. But  what is the pendant on Win/*nix?

Thanks a lot,

Malte