use-revolution Digest, Vol 3, Issue 7

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue Dec 2 08:27:18 EST 2003



>> Message: 4
>> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:36:59 -0800
>> From: Mark Brownell <gizmotron at earthlink.net>
>> Subject: Re: cross-platform compress & decompress
>> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>> Message-ID: <A4055414-245F-11D8-8671-000A95859272 at earthlink.net>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
>>



>> I have tried compressing and decompressing the whole file as the first
>> test. I tried compressing the data from a variable as a second test.
>> I've looked at the same data in a text editor on both platforms and I
>> did a comparison of charToNum() of the compressed data on both
>> platforms. This was the exact same problem I had with blowfish I 
>> think.
>> I solved it by constricting cross-platform data transfers to less than
>> ascii 127; even though the data can represent up to ascii 255. My
>> blowfish algorithm does it all as numerical values until the final
>> rendering. I had to drop binaryEncode() & binaryDecode() in order to
>> get numerical only results within the process. That's why I think it's
>> something like upper ascii character values across platforms.

snip

PS In fact with a litle adjustment your Blowfish stack is working on 
both platforms

Greetins,
WA



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list