listing files in a directory folder and subfolders and copy

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Tue Dec 2 07:31:26 EST 2003

Hi all

I am new to revolution. I have been impressed by the demo and after 5 days
decided to buy it. :-))))

I'm creating an app for our office to copy files from one directory to
another. "I" normally use total commander for this on windows, but my
colleagues are still insistent on explorer. Doh!!!!

The app I want to create is simple. It should be able to browse to a
directory folder and list all files in the folder and subfolders that have
the .pic extension. E.g. clicking on the  "find folder" button in the
schematic below will open the windows browse template and a colleague can
navigate to their folder and by clicking OK it will list the paths to those
files.

eg R:\medical\dave\images
or R:\medical\bobsstuff\
However the folder "images will have 20 folders in it and the .pic files
will be in these. IE. It needs to list all the .pic files in the sub-folders.

Then clicking on the "put in this folder"; all the files listed will be
copied to the destination folder

It will look like this

get image files from this directory

///////////////
find folder                     this is a box
//////////////

////////////////////////
put in this folder              another box

COPY

I checked the help files and can see how to list a files and folders in one
directory. OK so far but to list all in the subfolders is not clear to me.

Thanks for the help and bearing with a newbie.

Cheers
Bob