Showing one image in a hidden group of images

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sun Aug 31 00:07:01 EDT 2003

Geoff,

I probably was not very complete in my description. Any of the four
images must be available to be shown individually. I grouped them in
order to make showing them all very quick when the time came to print
the stack (and the images needed to be visible for that).

My code seems to be fast enough, though, so I'll go with it for now.

I do have another question which I'll post separately.

Thanks,
Barry

On Saturday, Aug 30, 2003, at 21:57 America/Denver, Geoff wrote:

> Subject: Re: Showing one image in a hidden group of images
> From: Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com>
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> How about breaking the group up? Instead of this:
>
> Group A
>    object 1
>    object 2
>    object 3
>    object 4
>
> Do this:
>
> Group A
>    object 1
>    Group B
>      object 2
>      object 3
>      object 4
>
> That way you can make Group B invisible and then set the visible of
> object 1 to true or false as you please.
>
> On Saturday, August 30, 2003, at 03:54  PM, Barry Levine wrote:
>
>> I have a group of four images that is invisible until needed. I'd now
>> like to show only one of those images when a user clicks at a certain
>> location. I have no trouble determining when the user has clicked the
>> appropriate spot.
>>
>> I've tried showing and hiding the image alone but, as the group is
>> invisible, the "showing/hiding" is taking place in an invisible object
>> so, of course, you don't see it.

Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"

Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements,
Custom Programming for Mac/Windows/Linux/Solaris

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at macosx.com