converting HyperCard stacks on OSX

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 29 17:16:00 EDT 2003

On 8/29/03 2:41 PM, Mike Harland wrote:

> One thing I am noticing as I do the conversion is that there seems to be
> a hitch (possibly memory) with importing larger stacks (I am on OSX):
> the first stack that is opened converts OK and can be saved as a REV -
> but close it and import another and Revolution instantly crashes.
>
> The solution is easy if irksome: do all the importing by opening one
> stack at a time, saving and then quitting; run Revolution afresh for
> each stack until all have been converted!!

When Rev closes a stack, it doesn't remove it from memory unless you
have set the destroystack property to true. After importing your HC
stack, open the Stack Inspector (from the Objects menu) and click the
checkbox called "purge stack on close". This will remove it from RAM
when you close the stack, and should free up memory so you can open
another one.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com