converting HyperCard stacks on OSX

Mike Harland mharland at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 29 14:47:01 EDT 2003

Hi everybody,

Finally managed to afford a real copy of Revolution and not just the
Try Out version.

As an old HyperCard guy, I have been wanting to revive some of my old
stacks and deploy on Windows as well, and Revolution is certainly the
solution to all my problems.

One thing I am noticing as I do the conversion is that there seems to
be a hitch (possibly memory) with importing larger stacks (I am on
OSX):  the first stack that is opened converts OK and can be saved as a
REV - but close it and import another and Revolution instantly crashes.

The solution is easy if irksome: do all the importing by opening one
stack at a time, saving and then quitting; run Revolution afresh for
each stack until all have been converted!!

Hope that helps anybody with the same problem.

Or am I missing something here? - the RR settings, a bug in my system,

Cheers,
Mike