textFont inheritance bug on Windows

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Aug 29 14:30:58 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 10:51 AM, Alex Rice wrote:

>> Changing one property changes the other instead of letting the
>> functional relationships bubble up.
>
> I agree.  But if Scott thinks there was good reason for implementing
> it the way he did then. OK!

There is merit in that.  I try to strike a balance between respecting
another's style and tradition, especially one who's been there and is
on the scene, and making a little suggestion now and then.

An associate, long gone, would say that a little noise is needed in
learning.

> This is a nuance of text properties I sure wasn't aware of until I
> read the bug report. What other object properties come in clusters
> like this where setting one property can also change related
> properties?

I was wondering the same.

Of course, some are related that share the same information such as the
text and the htmlText, but Iwonder about others that I would have
thought independent.

Dar Scott