Something Screwy With File Creation in OS X? (SOLVED)

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Fri Aug 29 12:05:01 EDT 2003

This was a good one for me to learn.

Because I was having trouble with the licensing code in RR2.1 for some
reason, I decided to re-install it. So I moved the old version to the
trash, reinstalled, and launched. But because I was launching from the
Dock, I inadvertently launched the trashed-but-not-yet-gone version of
RunRev.

Alex Rice's suggestion that I check defaultFolder led me to tracking
down the problem. I deleted the trash and ran the process again and it
worked fine.

Moral: if you trash the app, trash it or at least remove its icon from
the Dock.

Back to work on my book. Coming soon, I promise!

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info