textFont inheritance bug on Windows

Alex Rice alrice at arcplanning.com
Fri Aug 29 11:30:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 02:36  AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> At 12:46 am -0600 29/8/03, Alex Rice wrote:
>
>> So you are looking at a 9pt font with 32 pt leading when you should
>> be seeing a
>> 24 pt font with 32 pt leading.
>>
>> The nonexistent textFont name seems to muck up the font rendering on
>> Windows but
>> not on OS X.
>
> Is it not just that the system font on Windows comes in a single fixed
> size? In Notepad, the System font is shown as only being available in
> size 10. (Oddly, the same font doesn't show in Wordpad.)

Dave, not the font named "System". The default font in use by the
System- e.g. Lucida Grande on a Mac, and I don't know what on Windows.

I do concur the font named "System" on Windows appears to be some kind
of boldface one pt size only monstrosity.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com