visual effect between stacks

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Aug 29 01:59:00 EDT 2003

Hi Monte,

.
> Is it possible to get smooth transitions and visual effects between stacks?
> I've been mucking around with this for a while now and it seems that lock
> screen just doen't work if you are opening or showing a new stack between
> lock and unlock.
---------
AFAIK, you can't use transition effects, as such, between stacks. What you
can do, however, is:

Fade out the card of stack 1 to a blank card. Open stack 2 at a blank card,
then fade to the lead card.

Or, a more complex method that will include the borders:

[Note: I haven't tried this to see if it flickers any, but the idea should
work.]

1) Create an in-between stack, stack 2, in a plain (0 decorations) window,
the rect of which matches the rect of the decoration frame of stack 1, give
it 2 blank cards, and hold it off screen.

2) Take a shot of stack 1 and put it into card 1 of stack 2.

3) Open the destination stack, stack 3, off screen as well, shoot it the
same way, and put the shot into card 2 of stack 2.

4) Open stack 2 in the exact location of stack 1 and close stack 1.

5) Make your FX transition from card 1 to card 2 of stack 2.

6) Open your destination stack 3 in the exact location of stack 2, and close
stack 2.

Just a couple of ideas to kick around :-) HTH.

Ken N.