visual effect between stacks

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 28 21:02:02 EDT 2003

Recently, Monte Goulding wrote:

> Is it possible to get smooth transitions and visual effects between stacks?
> I've been mucking around with this for a while now and it seems that lock
> screen just doen't work if you are opening or showing a new stack between
> lock and unlock.

The built-in visual effects only apply to individual stacks and their
contents -- there is no built-in transition that works across multiple
stacks.

In any event, when you say "smooth" it sounds as if you're using the
dissolve transition or similar.  Not sure if this is an option but if you're
looking for something more than a simple "open" or "go", you might consider
progressively changing the rect of a newly opened stack.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design