Drawer samples stack

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Aug 28 14:32:00 EDT 2003

TReacting to a discussion we had on the Metacard list about the new
drawer command and some posts on the use-revolution list I have uploaded
a sample stack "drawers2.zip" to

"ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de/pub/uni-kassel/Zentraler.Medienbereich/Sanke/Metacard/MetacardPractice/"

The stack does *not* use the new drawer command, therefore the examples
could be implemented on any platform and also with older versions of
Metacard or Revolution.

Two approaches are illustrated

- changing the stack size - and even here achieving a real
sliding-drawer effect
- using substacks or other stacks

Modifying the examples - that use substacks - you can create any
reasonable number of drawers at any point of the four sides of the base
stack that slide out  in any direction, i.e. also diagonally.

If you wish, you could also go to another card of the drawer stack
before it is displayed ( There was a request or a question about this on
the list).

No "resize"-problems occur as they were reported for the new drawer
command on MacOS X:

> in 2.1 (Final) the drawer resize problem is here again...  [:-(]
>
> (snip)
>
> After 5 or 6 times opening/closing that drawer has shrunk to 128 pixel
> in height...

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke