Finding the disk name

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Aug 28 00:39:01 EDT 2003

On 8/28/03 Sarah wrote

>In the newer version of Revolution, running under OS X, when I get a
>file name (say from answer file), I get something like this:
>/Users/sarah/Documents/FolderName/Filename.txt
>This is fine and Rev reads such a file perfectly. The problem arises
>when I want to pass a filename to an AppleScript, which requires a full
>path including the disk name, in this form:
>Sarah HD:Users:sarah:Documents:FolderName:Filename.txt

Perhaps using POSIX file in your AppleScript what you need.  An example:

set myPath to "/Users/trevordevore/desktop/"
set myPath to POSIX file myPath
display dialog newPath

This would display "Macintosh HD:Users:trevordevore:Desktop:

Would this solve your problem?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia