Newbie enquiry re using Revolution for Myst style games

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Aug 28 00:11:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 06:06  AM, peter9.smith at ps.ge.com wrote:

Peter,

I am doing the same. I already did little myst like games... it's
pretty easy, no I am on a more adventurous task that is to create a
SCUMM-like engine, remember scumm games from lucasarts (monkey island
series, day of the tentacle, sam & max, indiana jones and the fate of
atlantis)...

I just bought Rev Studio today, I plan to sprout a little game demo and
sdk soon for the comunity, I do belive there's a market for such games
if they are cheap.  Today market is dominated by 3D games with engines
derived from Quake or Unreal, it's really boring and it's saturated, I
think market will shift soon, and there will be a demand for 2D games,
where thinking and fun are more important then quick reflexes and
shooting.

If i did not went bankrupt with my last enterprise (A small company
dedicated to create web technologies for portals, blogs and the like,
before there was this blog rush, and we delivered it all free... oh
boy... money ended) I would create a little startup to deliver
cross-plataform adventure games made with revolution trying to mimic
LucasArts and Sierra old adventures.

(but as now, cloning myst is easier!)

Cheers
Andre