use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1829 - 17 msgs

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Wed Aug 27 22:08:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, Martin Pilkington wrote:

> Are there any websites out there that have tutorials on how to use
> revolution. I'm fairly new to developing and I am finding it hard to
> use the
> features I want as the online documentation does not describe all the
> features in depth. I have gone through the tutorials supplied with
> revolution but they can only get you so far and they don't cover
> everything.
> If someone could point me in the right direction I would be very
> greatful

I'm less than two weeks from releasing the eBook version of a
relatively completely updated version of my Best-selling HyperTalk
Programming book. The book has ballooned to a 3-volume opus thanks to
the existence of about 5 times as much "stuff" in Revolution/Transcript
as was in HyperTalk. When I launch it, there will also be a
community-based Web site behind it.

All chapters are drafted and in final editing at the moment. So far,
only an electronic version of the book will be available and it will
come only by joining the online community, which will also have a
number of other benefits.

if you want to be notified individually when the first volume is ready
for delivery, send me an email off-list: dan at danshafer.com, with the
subject "Notify Me When". I will be offering a discount to people who
ask for pre-release notification.

Also, by the way, you may want to look at Alan Golub's wonderful
RevJournal online magazine site at http;//www.revjournal.com. He's
creating tutorials, doing interviews, and otherwise providing an
ezine-like presence of Revolutionaries.

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info