Rev 2.1 and licensing

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Wed Aug 27 15:15:28 EDT 2003

With regard to the spate of recent Rev 2.1 installation error problems:
It may be that some people are confused about whether or not they are
entitled to a free upgrade to 2.1.  A couple of days ago, Heather
Williams wrote:

"Ok, it seems that certain of the replacement license codes were not
correctly generated and are expired with 2.1 when they should not be.
If you
had a SBE or a Student/Teacher license, which would not be expired on or
before 26th August 2003 (ie you purchased after 26th August 2002), you
will
need a new code. Please, if you can, first check that your license
really
hasn't expired by looking at the expiry date in your original licensing
email, then email me with "Expired SBE/Student/Teacher" in the subject
line
and I'll send you a new code."

So, if I understand correctly, if you have a Rev 1.x or 2.0.x license
that expired before 26th August 2003, you will need to purchase some
sort of upgrade to 2.1.  The choices are described at:
http://www.runrev.com/Revolution1/licensing2.html

If you purchased a license for Rev 2.0.x after 26th August 2003, and
your unlock code does NOT work with Rev 2.1, then you need to contact
Heather off-list at
heather at runrev.com
for a new unlock code.

I hope this summary is correct.  If not, this whole upgrade business is
too complicated for me.  :-)

-KK